Housekeeping Services provides a professional, clean, safe, and sanitary environment for the entire UNC-Chapel Hill community in support of the University’s teaching, research, and public service mission. We are the premier campus provider of services including cleaning and floor care, on-campus moves, loans of tables/chairs and equipment, custodial services, and trash collection.
Housekeeping Services is comprised of a staff of more than 400 employees who provide 24-hour service. Twenty-four Zone Managers, with a staff of 17-20 Building Environmental Service Technicians in each Zone provide daily cleaning service and floor care for approximately 245 buildings on campus.
Housekeeping Services’ Green Cleaning process enables us to:
- Clean for health and then for appearance
- Dispose of cleaning wastes in a environmentally responsible manner
- Increase worker safety and awareness
- Increase level of sanitation of building surfaces
- Responsibly and properly remove pollutants from the facility
- Reduce chemical, particle and moisture residue
- Minimize human exposure to pollutants.
These results flow from our managerial process and demonstrate leadership in operating a safe and environmentally responsible approach to cleaning.
- Customer Service
- Open and Honest Communication
Customer Service Representative