Events at Carolina can produce a lot of waste. To promote sustainability on campus, the Office of Waste Reduction and Recycling (OWRR) has created an outline on how to host a Green Event.
Steps to Hosting Your Green Event
- Get Green Event certified by scheduling training with the help of OWRR staff. Sessions generally last one hour and count as skills training for Public Service Scholars. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your training!
- Share your event plans with OWRR and receive guidance on how to best coordinate your Green Event logistics to be both environmentally- and budget-friendly.
- Request your Green Event Bins and Signage to communicate to your audience how your event is striving for sustainability.
- OWRR will provide compost and recycling bins prior to your event and help set them up. At the end of your event, OWRR will pick up your containers.
- Congratulations on hosting your Green Event! We hope you will continue to host Green Events in the future through a continued partnership with OWRR.