- Limestone or precast trim is encouraged.
- Any variety in brick colors should be subtle.
- Any brick patterns should be subtle.
- There should be no excessive striping or patterning.
- A mix of bonds (flemish, running, etc.) should be encouraged.
- Stacked bond should be discouraged.
- Architectural Precast
- Stucco (No synthetic stucco)
- Slate (1st choice)
- Asphalt shingle (high quality)
- Standing seam metal (painted or natural)
- Details: chimneys, dormers, light fixtures, downspouts, signage, etc.
Cast-in-place concrete, metal panel, “utility” brick and glass block are generally discouraged as materials for exterior walls. Curtain walls may be used at special areas such as a hospital concourse or large public lobbies.