Skip to main content
 
  • Shut down desktop and laptop computers unless instructed¬† otherwise by IT or administrative staff. If your computer, speakers, phone charger, etc., are all on one power strip, turn off the power strip after shutting down your computer.
  • Unplug nonessential equipment such as copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners, and chargers. Most equipment draws electricity even when turned off.
  • Unplug all appliances, including coffee makers, microwaves, televisions, and radios. Like office equipment, many appliances use electricity even when turned off.
  • Turn off office lights and as much public lighting as possible in hallways, bathrooms, break rooms, and conference rooms.
  • Check windows to make sure they are tightly closed and locked.
  • Check faucets in bathrooms and break rooms to make sure they are completely turned off and not dripping.
  • Adjust thermostats to 65 degress or less.
  • If you work in a lab with variable air volume fume hoods, shut the sash completely (just as you should any time the hood is not in use).
  • Call in any leaks or maintenance issues to your Facilities Services team at 919-962-3456.

These tips will help keep your building safe and energy-efficient over the holidays.

Comments are closed.