Push notifications about elevator outages are available through the Carolina Ready Safety App. Notifications are shared with campus on a timely basis through the app and posted to the elevator dashboard. Note that outside normal working hours, elevator outage notifications and updates may be delayed. For additional information on individual outages, including date and time of service restoration, please visit the dashboard.
To opt into outage notifications in the app:
- Select “Support Resources,” then select “Accessibility.”
- Select “Elevator Outage Notification” and “Sign Up for Elevator Outage Push Notification.”
- Be sure you have enabled notifications from the Carolina Ready app in your device settings.
Report an Elevator Issue
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Call Facilities Services Customer Service at 919-962-3456 or submit an online Campus Maintenance Request.
- Evening and weekend hours or University holidays: Call UNC Police at 919-962-8100.
- All elevators are also equipped with in-car phones that connect directly with the UNC Police dispatcher’s office.