The Grounds Services department routinely performs grounds maintenance across campus. Services performed include:
- Shrubs: planting, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, watering and controlling insects and diseases.
- Grass: planting, cutting, fertilizing, and controlling weeds, undesirable grass, insects and disease.
- Trees: planting, pruning, controlling pests and removing trees when necessary.
- Seasonal flowers: installing and maintaining annuals and perennials in color bed areas.
- Litter removal and leaf recycling.
- Parking lot cleaning.
- Forest and trail management at the Carolina North Forest.
Grounds Services also supports University capital projects and landscape improvements projects:
- Capital projects: reviews landscape plans for new facilities and provides site preparation, plant purchase and installation of all newly installed landscapes.
- Landscape improvements: coordinates with the Facilities Services Landscape Architect to provide landscape design plans and installation services for projects funded by campus departments.
For all grounds-related questions, comments, or requests, please contact Grounds Services at 919-962-2069.