The Space Planning and Occupancy Tracking System (SPOTS) application is scheduled for an important required system upgrade over the weekend of Sept. 18-21. Beginning at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18 through 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21, the SPOTS website will not be accessible while the upgrade is implemented.
SPOTS Upgrades and Improvements
The system upgrade will include changes to the database, including enhanced reporting and visualization. Application users will also see the following improvements:
- Departments will have the ability to add occupants to rooms.
- Enhanced ability to add research principal investigator (PI) assignments to rooms.
- Added functionality to room occupancy and subdivision labeling to floor plans.
- Ability to associate selected research grant data with spaces.
- Addition of subdivision-level hierarchies based on ConnectCarolina department trees.
- Tracking of room assignment changes and workspace transactions.
For questions about the SPOTS upgrade, contact Lisa Huggins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzanne Canipe at Suzanne.Canipe@facilities.unc.edu in the Facilities Technology Group.