Moving services are available for small, on-campus jobs that do not take more than eight hours to complete. These include office relocations (up to 20 boxes), room evacuations and items bound for the landfill or Surplus.
There is a charge for moving services.
Moving request procedure
- An online Move Request form must be completed for each move. Request forms may be completed by the requesting department, a receptionist or a vehicle operator.
- Once a move request has been submitted and received you will be contacted by the Housekeeping Services Moving Crew to schedule a date and time for the move.
- A Damage Waiver form must be completed and faxed to Housekeeping Services at 919-962-4638 before a move can take place.
- All centrifuges and hoods will need to be tagged by the Office of Environment, Health and Safety and the freon removed by Facilities Services HVAC before the movers can take these items to surplus.
- If items are going to the landfill, an account number will be required to pay the tipping fee.
Services not provided
- The Moving Crew is unable to move technology equipment such as computers, printers and copiers unless items are going to Surplus.
- Moving services do not include the assembly or disassembly of modular furniture. If you require this service, please place a general work request.